Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Princess Diaries: Season 2

I recently returned from another two week, working vacation in Cappadocia where I again gave English lessons and edited texts in exchange for room and board at a very special cave hotel, the Museum Hotel in Uchisar. Again, I was fed far too much extremely good food, explored one of my favorite places free of many tourists, tramped in the snow, and cleared my head of the first school term. For several of those days, I returned to my room, Castle, where I could look out onto the balloons rising in the morning, or across to the Buket Hotel, or in the other direction to whichever valley is beyond the window. I can't remember which it is. Not only do I love the room, but I love the fact that I have to go through a tunnel, slightly bent so as not to hit my head on the doorways, to reach it. I’m a lucky lucky woman.

No comments: